As you already know, MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab will be bringing its final award ceremony and conference for the 12th ‘Arab Startup Competition’ to Beirut on March 29. If you still are not convinced about why you should attend, we hope that this listicle will change your mind.
Here are 5 reasons why you should clear your schedule for March 29:
- Cheer for your favorite startup, idea, or social enterprise: This year, we have 67 Arab teams officially in line for the competition, where the winners will receive up to $160,000 cash prizes! The competitors will prepare for the final rounds of judging with an intensive 2-day prebootcamp training.
- Rub shoulders with world-class action leaders from all over the world: This year’s speakers come from different parts of the world, offering diverse ideas and opinions about the latest outbreaks in technology, digital economy, AI and education. Also, you will get to ask your questions to the panelists using your phone (we all know how you don’t like public speaking!), you’ll be part of the discussion and even steer it your way.
- Get first access to MIT Enterprise Forum’s Impact Report: With the help of our supporting partner Roland Berger, we have been working on our inaugural annual impact report, which should help give us a holistic view at the impact that ‘Arab Startup Competition’ startups have had on their local economies. The report also introduces the ‘Arab Entrepreneurship Maturity Index (AEMI)’, which is a numeric measure looking at 6 main dimensions that affect the ease of starting a business in a country.
- Network with entrepreneurs, innovators, and business leaders: Whether you are looking to hire talent, scout the competition, or simply make new friends, this is the place to be. After 11 years of holding the competition, we are expecting this year’s final award ceremony and conference to be the biggest, boldest, and most exciting of them all. (Just follow #ASC2019 #MITEFArab to know what we’re talking about)
- It’s free! (need to explain further?)
Meet us at Habtoor Grand Hotel (Sin El Fil) on March 29 starting 2 PM, and be part of it.
Let’s get to business. #ASC2019 #MITEFArab