MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab’s ‘Bracket’ accepts opinion essays (op-ed) on any topic related to technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, and the MENA startup ecosystem. Published pieces typically run from 1000 to 1,200 words, but drafts of any length within bounds of reason will be considered.
We ask that everyone include a one-sentence author ID at the top or bottom of the submission. Please do not assume we are going to know who you are. Also, be sure to include annotations for all assertions and attributions (resources) made in your essay.
All submissions must be original, exclusive to ‘Bracket’ and, as a matter of security, embedded in the text of an email, not as an attachment.
Submissions may be sent to (subject line: Bracket Op-ed)
Below are the guidelines to help you while writing the oped
- A maximum of 1,200 words
- Op-ed must be in either English or Arabic
- The op-ed must be exclusive for MITEF Pan Arab’s Bracket. Bracket only cross-posts an op-ed from the writer’s personal blog or Medium, but not from other media outlets.
- MITEF Pan Arab reserve editorial rights, i.e. will not make any alterations to the meaning intended by the writer but will proofread and make necessary changes to enhance grammar, language, and word choice (removal of jargon).
- Op-ed must avoid any political or religious inclinations, with the exception of validated facts that serve the argument.
- Op-ed must avoid any offensive language that might touch upon race, gender, and religion
- The editorial team will include a disclaimer at the top that says that “The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of the MITEF Pan Arab or its members.”
- Op-eds must be backed with data, research, and facts. Providing a strong argument while taking a particular standpoint on issues related to tech, innovation, investment, or entrepreneurship - rather than intuition and ‘common sense’
- Op-ed must be accompanied with: title, subtitle, bio of author, headshot and a suggested thumbnail